Singer Ilerioluwa Oladimeji, popularly known as Mohbad, died at the age of 27 on Tuesday.
Here are 10 things to know about him:
1. Mohbad was born in Lagos on June 8, 1996.
2. He was a Nigerian rapper, singer and songwriter from Lagos.
3. He completed his primary and secondary school education in Lagos.
4. He was considered one of the rising stars in the Nigerian music industry, as his fan base continued to grow.
5. He was formerly signed to Naira Marley’s “Marlian Records” but left the label in 2022.
6. He released his debut album, Light EP, in the fourth quarter of 2020 as a follow-up to his viral song “Ponmo,” which featured Naira Marley and Lil Kesh.
7. He was best known for his hit singles Ponmo, Feel Good, and Ko Por Ke with Rexxie which was nominated three times for The Headies awards 2022.
8. Mohbad had collaborated with several artistes including Davido, Zlatan, Oladips, Small Doctor, Lil Kesh, Bella Shmurda, Lil Frosh amongst others.
9. Mohbad was known for his streetwise and relatable lyrics that often touch on everyday life and experiences.
10. Bella Shmurda once said he was battling mental health.