President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has sacked the heads of some government agencies under the Ministry of Information.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, announced this in a statement on Thursday, October 19, 2023.
The new appointees are: 1) National Orientation Agency (NOA) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Lanre Issa-Onilu
1) National Orientation Agency (NOA) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Lanre Issa-Onilu
(2) Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Salihu Abdulhamid Dembos
(3) Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) — Director-General / CEO — Dr. Muhammed Bulama
(4) National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Charles Ebuebu
(5) Voice of Nigeria (VON) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Jibrin Baba Ndace
(6) Advertising Regulatory Council of Nigeria (ARCON) — Director-General / CEO — Dr. Lekan Fadolapo
(7) News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) — Managing Director / CEO — Mr. Ali Muhammed Ali
(8) Nigerian Press Council (NPC) — Executive Secretary / CEO — Mr. Dili Ezughah
WHATSAPP: Click HERE to join the Kilamity News Room WhatsApp group to receive latest updates on your phone!
According to the statement, the president tasks the newly entrusted leadership in these important sub-sectors to innovate and create new opportunities for Nigerians to leverage upon through the effective reform of these key institutions of government which function to unify our people, reshape mindsets, and showcase this great nation to the rest of the world.
The statement added that the above-listed appointments take immediate effect.